Thursday, September 13, 2012

Long Walk To Water

Over the summer I read the book Long Walk To Water by Linda Sue Park. The way the book was written it was told by two different people from the same place but in different time periods. I have always really enjoyed books that are told from different character perspectives and in 7th grade I tried to write my own. I haven't ever read any books about Sudan and I wasn't even aware of the war that happened there. The story was not only about the war but it was also about love and loss and government issues and unfairness, after reading this book I felt more educated. I felt like even though I could not relate personally to what Nya and Salva had to go through I could still understand. Reading this book definitely changed me as a reader, it made me realize how important it is for us to be grateful everyday that our country isn't at war and we can easily access water whenever we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment