Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Lucky One

     I have just started reading the book The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks and so far I have found it to be very good. I really like the way Sparks introduces and sets up the personality traits of the characters. I am just a few chapters in and I have already found myself having really strong opinions about them.

     The way the book is set up each chapter is told by a different perspective, either stuck up, rude Deputy Keith Clayton or mysterious, "hippie like" Logan Thibault. The book starts and by about the third page the author has already convinced me that Clayton is one of the bad guys. He is judgmental and arrogant and a pervert. Thibault on the other hand is clever and is trying to do well for himself and other people.

     I think Nicholas Sparks's ability to make me have such strong feelings of dislike towards Clayton in just one chapter even told towards Clayton's perspective is pure genius in writing. He phrases everything in such away that I feel deeply discouraged by Clayton's actions when the story is being narrated by Clayton himself, before you have even been introduced to any other characters.

     Even though I saw the movie that was just made that goes along with this book I am very excited to see what happens as I keep reading and meeting new characters throughout the course of this story. Even though I know what happens at the end I am really enjoying the relationship and tension that Sparks has built up so far within this story and I am really looking forward to progressing with this book in particular. So far the book is so unlike the book and I'm excited to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment