I am still reading The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks. I am still close to the beginning of the book but right now they are saying a lot about the character Beth. Beth is a single mother and she runs a kennel with her son and grandmother, Nana.
Nana raised Beth and Beth is very grateful of that. She looks up to Nana in many ways. She always compares her parenting skills with Nana's and I think that is very sweet. The way Beth looks up to Nana even though Nana is old and just had a stroke is very touching. They way they interact with each other makes me think about the way I interact with my parents and grandparents.
Beth and Nana's relationship is something that I have grown very fond of as I have been reading this book. The mutual respect they have for each other and the way they are helping raise Ben together is inspiring. I think that Beth will help Nana out with the kennel forever and teach Ben how to do it too. Working in the kennel is something very important to both Nana and Beth and it has improved their relationship so much throughout the years.
I have been thinking a great deal about how Logan will fit into their lives. I think that because Nana has been having health issues and since she has been slowing down lately that Logan will be of help with additional help at the kennel. It is also so perfect because he loves dogs just like Beth! I predict that they will end up having a romantic relationship. I also think that Beth is the one Logan has been searching for from the picture!
I cannot wait to read further and see if my predictions are accurate! The character relationships are so fascinating! I can tell this book is going to be one of my favorites already!
No comments:
Post a Comment