Although I enjoyed all of her posts the one that stood out to me the most is the one most recent at this time. It is about a book she is currently reading called New Kids in Town. According to her post this book is about 11 teenage immigrants that all come from various places around the world and end up in the United States. After reading the first paragraph of Zara's post I felt like I already knew a lot about the book. She did a great job explaining the basis of the book in very few words. Even though she was very descriptive while talking about the book I feel like I still would like to read it. She told me a little bit about their hardships but now I want to go and read about them myself. She has inspired me to want to read this book. Also in her post Zara did a very good job talking about her interpretations of what the characters are feelings. She does a very good job reading between the lines and makes valid points about what she believes the characters are going through.
What Zara was talking about makes me think about a video we watched in Spanish class a few days ago. This video was about how difficult life is for illegal immigrants like some of the ones Zara talks about in her post. When I picture the families Zara is talking about it makes me think about the ones from the video I watched and I am interested in learning more about their difficult lives.
I enjoyed all of the posts I read by Zara. She does a wonderful job keeping the reader engaged. She keeps all of her posts short and to the point. I am going to try and do what Zara does and stay on topic while writing my posts. I believe that being descriptive is very important and the way Zara does it reflects that she really knows what she is talking about and what message she wants to get across by writing the post.
Great job Zara!!
No comments:
Post a Comment